[Review Paper] Is Type 1 Diabetes Preventable: Population Perspective


Survey Objective: Type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) is growing in incidence over a few years. The objective of this short survey is to report the viewpoint of the general population about their belief if type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) can be prevented. This will further motivate the researchers to accelerate their research to develop vaccines for the prevention and reversal of T1DM.

Methods: A survey was put up on LinkedIn asking a single question “Type 1 diabetes is preventable: Agree or disagree”. The poll was kept open for a period of two weeks and 220 votes were obtained from people belonging to the healthcare sector (n=168) as well as other professions (n=52).

Results: Out of 220 votes, 64% of people agree that T1DM is preventable and the remaining 36% disagree.

Conclusions: Results indicate that majority of people think that T1DM is preventable. Though there is no preventive vaccine at present, there is a hope to formulate such a vaccine that can prevent this autoimmune diabetes.

Journal: High Technology Letters

Keywords: Type 1 diabetes mellitus, Prevention, Perspective, Survey

Read Full Review Paper

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)